Notability iOS and OSX – #peel21st blog hop
I jumped at the opportunity to share a favourite tech tool when Tina sent out the Tweet.
Of course my enthusiastic, react before I think attitude got myself signed up to share about a tool that I had yet to consider sharing about. Problem, of course not, I am also the “What app? What is its name? Ok, I’ll try it type” Over the next week I thought about the tool that I would write about. A couple days ago as I was using one of my now go to tools, I finally decided that I would share my experiences with “Notability“.
While I have used many note taking apps, Evernote and OneNote to name a couple. Notability has demonstrated versatility within one app and across the Apple platforms that I have yet to find efficient with the others.
To date I have typically found myself creating notes on my iPhone and them working with them further on my Mac.
First you can link with your Dropbox, Google, Box account for easy backup and access elsewhere.
There is then the flexibility of being able to share via a variety of services both suited for Apple and non-iOS/OSX based devices.
Notes can be created on various different backgrounds or paper styles. Blank being created for sketching on imported photos, etc. Graph and lined great for students who have difficulty without or who are trying to create something that needs structure.
Basic features on the iPhone allow text based notes, sketches, photos from the camera or camera roll which then can be annotated as well as audio notes recorded. I have yet to experience a limit to audio recordings within an individual note.
Overall, I would say that this has been the all-in-one note taking tool that I have been most pleased with.
Check out the other tools from our #peel21st bloggers;
- Code.or by Erica Armstrong – http://msarmstrong.ca/2014/09/my-favourite-tech-tool-code-org/
- Puppet Pals by Debbie Axiak – http://debbieaxiak.blogspot.ca/
- Scratch Jr. by James Cash – http://makelearn.org/2014/09/16/scratchjr-peel21st-blog-hop/
- Educreations by Matthew Oldridge – http://matthewoldridge.blogspot.ca/2014/09/educreations-in-math-classroom-to.html
- IFTTT by Jason Richea beyondangrybirds.blogspot.ca
- NFP StopMo by Graham Whisenhttp://ideaconnect.edublogs.org/2014/09/16/stopmo-peel21st-blog-hop/
- Photo Editor by Aviary by Tina Zita – http://misszita.wordpress.com/2014/09/17/peel21st-blog-hop-my-tool-for-this-year-is-photo-editor-by-aviary/
Pocket from Greg Pearson @vptechnodork – http://leaderinadigitalworld.blogspot.ca/2014/09/cant-find-somethingyou-shouldve-put-it.html